College students, take note: this is the ultimate Facebook list for multitasking, productivity and shortcuts. Read below to find out all the cool things you can do with Facebook that you never knew about — saving you time and letting you combine all of your address books, contacts and calendars, advertise, and of course, meet new people and reconnect with old friends.
Use these hacks to combine your Facebook account with your other social media accounts or online organizers, like Google calendar, Twitter and others.
- Facebook events to Google calendar: This Greasemonkey hack lets you quickly add a Facebook event to your Google calendar with one click.
- AIM Plugin: When you’re signed on to AIM, this plugin also lets you know whenever you’ve been tagged, poked or messaged on Facebook.
- Digsby: Digsby is another tool that combines your Facebook, Google Talk, AIM, MSN, and other accounts.
- Flock: This web browser works with Windows, Mac and Linux, and it features a sidebar that "pulls in your friends from Facebook (and Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube) so you can keep them with you as you surf the Web."
- OutSync: Microsoft Outlook users who have this Facebook app will find that their friends’ profile pictures also appear in their Outlook address book entries.
- My Photo Index: Easily organize and manage photos on Facebook and Flickr with this joint hack.
- Timegram: Send pre-set Skype and Chat messages with this scheduler.
- Twitter2FB: Update your status only once with this tool, which displays the same status on Twitter as it does on Facebook.
- FeedBurner Facebook: This popular app displays headlines from your FeedBurner blogs and feeds on Facebook.
- ma.gnolia: Display your latest ma.gnolia bookmarks on Facebook for maximum social media.
Get around privacy settings and annoying Facebook updates with these all-access hacks.
- Facebook View Photo in Album: Use this script to view a photo in the original album, even if you’re not friends with the person who made the album.
- Cleaner: Get rid of some of the Facebook advertising and "sponsored by" sections with this tool.
- FB People Redirect: If you’re logged in, you can view real profiles from the Facebook people pages.
- Undo New Facebook Redesign: If you hate some or all of the new Facebook changes, undo them with these scripts.
- View All Photos: Search for pictures of a Facebook member who has tight privacy settings with this hack.
- More Friends: This smart hack goes through your list of friends to find more friends you may have forgotten about or didn’t know were on Facebook.
- box: With this box widget, you can share files from your computer through Facebook.
- Jobster: This application gives Facebook users unique access to job information, networking opportunities and other career resources.
- Private Wall: The Private Wall combines the best of both worlds of Facebook: online convenience and communication with more serious privacy settings.
Hacks with a Cause
Give your Facebook experience a little more meaning when you try out these applications.
- (Lil) Green Patch: Invite your friends to save the rainforest with this patch, which shows a running count of the square feet preserved from this app.
- iThink: iThink is a more focused networking portal for Facebook users, letting you vote on opinions, start discussions and more.
Make it easier to find and access Facebook from your toolbar, desktop or anywhere else on the Web and in your computer.
- fbquick: Get notifications for friend requests, event invites, group invites, messages, shares, wall posts and more on your desktop.
- Dashboard Widget: Mac users get a constantly updated Facebook widget in their dashboard that gives a preview of your inbox, friend requests and more.
- friend photos: This app automatically designs a screen saver slideshow of your friends’ Facebook pictures.
- Friend Explorer: This hack offers a new way to view your friends. You can organize the list by picture, first name, last name, birthday and other cell choices.
- EventSync: Link up your Facebook events with your iCal with this hack.
- Synchronizer: This is another Outlook – Facebook hack that lets you import and export birthday, contact and work information.
- FizzBoost: This niftly little box sits on your desktop and alerts you every time you get a poke, friend request or anything else on Facebook.
- Fosimo: This desktop client for Windows users lets you keep track of all of your account changes while syncing up Facebook friends and your Outlook contacts.
- The Social Bar: Internet Explorer users can view Facebook features and notifications in a special toolbar with this app.
- DeskBook: Access Facebok features like friend lists, friend searches, profile information and more with DeskBook.
- Facebook Photos Plugin for WordPress: Easily blog your Facebook pictures with this smart hack.
We’ve searched through Facebook’s developer apps and official hacks to bring you the best shortcuts and add-ons around, making it easier for you to get in touch with friends, make your references more available or explore your family tree.
- Facebook Toolbar for Firefox: This toolbar lets you do a Facebook search wherever you are online, get instant notifications whenever you get a friend request, poke or invitation, and you can easily post an interesting link or page to your profile from the page itself.
- Sparkey: Sparkey is sort of like an online dating app for Facebook. Users can find out who’s interested in their profile and rate other members.
- Hatching Egg: This "gift" hatches over a period of four days, so your friends get to guess what you sent them. There are over 200 animals to send, including penguins.
- Testimonials: Testimonials can be used for business or school purposes, letting you organize references from friends, co-workers and teachers.
- Meet New People: If you’re having trouble making new friends with your standard Facebook profile, use this app to find friends in your area and bolster your business contacts.
- Sticky!: Design your own sticky notes to tack onto your friends’ walls with this app.
- We’re Related: This family tree organizer lets you keep track of your relatives through Facebook.
- U.S. Politics: Get involved in the presidential campaigns by networking with other activists, getting updated on political news and even participating in debate groups.
- Who is your neighbor?: Learn about your neighbors with this hack, which shows you where your friends are on a map.
- Translations: Use this hack to translate a page or lend your language skills to edit translations for other countries.
- Facebook Exporter for iPhoto: Mac users can more easily switch their photos back and forth between Facebook and their iPhoto library by using this shortcut.
- Lost Mobile: If you’ve ever lost your cell phone, you know how frustrating it can be to track down all your friends and contacts to trade numbers again. Use this very secure hack as a shortcut over Facebook.
- Shots and Drinks: If you can’t make it to a friend’s birthday party or happy hour, send them a virtual drink with this app.
- Reviews: Get feedback from your friends, colleagues, students or customers with this hack.
Cleaning up Facebook
Eliminate bogus adds and distracting accessories with these no-nonsense hacks.
- BBC Ad Remover: This script specifically removes ads from the BBC news website.
- Remove All Facebook Ads: Ignore Facebook ads by totally removing them from your pages with this hack.
- UnFuck Facebook: Clean up Facebook with this hack, which removes third party apps and spam.
- Facebook: This simple hack makes your Facebook pages a little wider and cleaner looking.
- Re-Title: This neat hack makes titles of websites that you share or post shorter and less messy.
- Bearable Facebook Wallpost: Increase the size of wall post text boxes with this app.
Games and Multimedia
Turn to this list for help embedding videos, sharing music and combining your Facebook and online gaming experiences.
- iLike: Add music, music videos and concert listings to your profile with iLike.
- Facebook Video: Download, convert and embed videos from other sites with this script.
- Facebook Monsters Enhancer: Monsters players can add their favorite actions and applications to Facebook with this script. Features include auto-attack, player organization, auto-feed monsters and more.
- Texas Hold’Em Poker: Invite your friends to play Texas Hold’Em on Facebook.
- Birthday Greeting Cards: Design or browse birthday greeting cards with this easy hack that helps you remember and celebrate your friends’ birthdays with minimal effort.
- MindJolt Games: This simple hack hides over 300 different games to play on Facebook.
- Nations: Set up your own nations in this simulation game via Facebook.
- Scramble: Play this addicting word game on Facebook.
- Pandora: Pandora for Facebook lets you share and search new music, create your own radio stations and organize your musical and artist favorites on Facebook.
- Watch This Video: This tool lets you quickly share, search and comment on videos from around the web. Get friends to rank your videos so it will appear in the top ten list.
- Scrapblog: Pull videos, audio clips and photos from around the web to create a scrapbook blog on Facebook.
- Facebook Music Player: Upload your own music or tracks from your favorite artists to share and listen to music directly from Facebook.
- urPics – myPics: Quickly pull all photos that you’re tagged in on Facebook and save them in a .zip file on your computer with this hack. It’ll save you all the time you would spend searching for and saving each one.
- Mixlister: Give yourself a personal theme song with Mixlister.
Facebook offers a multitude of advertising opportunities for big businesses, entrepreneurs and even independent artists and freelancers. Use this list to discover advertising hacks for every budget.
- ShopCreator: This ecommerce software works with Facebook Marketplace.
- viagogo: Buy and sell tickets to events through Facebook with this tool. Artists can also advertise their gigs by maintaining a list of events to share with friends.
- Sponsored Groups: Attract friends, put up photos and videos, and advertise special events or sales by creating your own sponsored group on Facebook.
- Facebook Ads: Design ads just for Facebook members and target very specific niche audiences with this system.
- Marketplace: The Facebook Marketplace lets anyone sell and search for apartments, furniture, or anything else, kind of like Craigslist or another classifieds site.
- Events: Create an event on Facebook, and then invite all of your friends or people in your network to advertise a sale, business opening or concert.
- Badges: With this feature, you can send Facebook friends and followers to other websites, including your company site.
- Share Partners: This hack makes it easier to share content from other sites on Facebook. That way, you can broadcast press releases, news stories, product reviews and more.
- Facebook Insight: Learn more about Facebook demographics, your target audience and the success of your Facebook advertising campaign with this tracking tool.
- Gydget: Gydget is a widget that lets "bands, teams and other organizations…connect with fans." You can embed one on Facebook to reach even more people.
- Groups: Start your own Facebook group to invite people to browse pictures of your band, products or staff and start a following.
- FunWall: Send mass announcements and greetings to all of your friends at once with this hack.
This productivity hacks can let you manage phone calls, stocks, meetings, and more from your Facebook account. Other productivity tools included in this list make it easier to navigate through Facebook thanks to larger imaging, faster refresh times and more.
- Facebook Refresh 2 Alpha: This in-the-works script refreshes your Facebook page every 30 seconds.
- Facebook Mini-Feed Collapser: Get around the annoying mini-feed display by collapsing it with this script.
- inYOf4aceBook: This hack brings up larger images of thumbnails when you mouse over them.
- Shoes!: Make shopping for shoes more fun and productive by browsing styles from your Facebook account.
- Notes QuickEdit: This hack adds a styling and formatting bar to your messages so that you can quickly italicize, boldface, insert a link, insert an image or change font size.
- Birthday Calendar: This customizable birthday notification hack lets you export and import dates from other platforms, select holidays from 200 countries and more.
- Forbes and Facebook: Trade stocks and track companies through Facebook through this Forbes hack, making it easier to take care of business whenever you log on.
- ether: Have friends and business associates call you by clicking on this button that can appear on your profile.
- QuikProfile: If you just want to quickly scan someone’s profile, you can utilize this hack, which lets you get a quick preview while hovering over the profile link.
- Discussion Boards: Educators and business professionals can use discussion boards for easy and remote collaboration, homework help, class projects and more.
- Interactive Friend Thing: Find contacts and understand how to approach new clients or customers by using the Interactive Friend Thing, which shows you how friends of friends are connected.
- Studicious: Studicious is a shortcut study aid that lets you share and edit class notes with other students.
Just for Fun
These hacks are just-for-fun timewasters that let you tap into all of the games, networking and frivolity of Facebook.
- Transfer and Add Friend Invites: If you’ve used different e-mail addresses over your Facebook lifetime, you may have lost some friend requests or notifications along the way. This hack will help you out.
- Superlatives: This is Facebook’s version of your high school yearbook’s "Most likely to…" awards, but you’ll find edgier and sillier categories here.
- Texas 1: View your Facebook account in a Texas theme with this hack.
- Bathroom Wall: Post anything and everything from poems to secrets to confessions on the Bathroom Wall without revealing your identity.
- Pieces of Flair: Make like Jennifer Aniston in Office Space and show off your pieces of flair via Facebook with these buttons.
- Sketch Me: This neat little hack constructs a sketch version of your profile picture.
- Make a Baby: Fill in your hair color and other traits to see what your baby would like if you had it with different friends.
- UK Friends Plotter: Figure out where your UK friends live or work by viewing them on a map with this hack.
- EZPoke: Start using this script to set up automatic pokes for different friends.
- Facebook Autologin v2: Get on Facebook faster with this autologin hack.
- Matchcookbook: If your school or office has Facebook blocked, you can get around the firewall or blocked page with this hack.
Did you enjoy this article?